Analyze your website at the Pear Analytics Website Analyzer to see what you need to change to make it sell.
The latest data (2009) shows that the #1 reason for not getting the sale is THE SALES PERSON DID NOT LISTEN! Wow, for 20 years it was that they talked too much, which is now #4. #2: Did not respond to my questions and #3: Did not understand my needs. As a matter of fact, 63% of sales calls are wasted due to talking too much and not listening. Are you talking too much? Don’t worry, we can help! Check out the sales safety tips:
- 10 seconds: This is how long it should take you to pique someone’s interest on what you can do for them.
- Listen twice as often as you speak
- Numeric precision on your communications messages greatly increases your credibility and the difference you portray. Example: We return your calls in less than 5 minutes.
- Clarity in your marketing messages (5th grade reading level) increases your odds of selling by 70%.
- Focusing your marketing messages to one thing increases your odds of selling by 60%. Eliminate the irrelevant.
- Your image matters, so do the features, but your overt benefit and the real reason to believe you can deliver that benefit matters the most.
- If you have dramatic difference from your competition, you have 370% greater odds of success and profitability. Source: Harvard Business Review. Not sure if you have dramatic difference?
- Salt and Pepper: If you were helping a restaurant get more customers, you would not advertise that you have free salt and pepper. Is your company selling salt and pepper to your industry?
- Does everyone in your organization know what to say when asked what you do? These sound bites should be artwork on your walls!
- Does your business card give the recipient the benefit received when working with you?