When people ask you what you do, is your response: “Uhhh…”? Or worse, do you spew forth meaningless words? Do people stick their headphones in or roll their eyeballs ironically? For all you word vomiters out there, we made something for you. Our 10 Second Pitch Barf Bag “marketing piece” is an airline-grade barf bag with a Sales Safety Information card inside of it.
Sales Safety Information
1. 10 seconds: Time it should take you to pique someone’s interest in what you do.
2. Listen twice as often as you speak.
3. Numeric precision greatly increases your credibility and dramatic difference. Ex: We return your calls in less than 5 minutes.
4. 5th grade reading level clarity in marketing messages ups odds of selling by 70%.
5. Focus on one thing in your marketing increases your odds of selling by 60%. Eliminate the irrelevant.
6. Your image matters, so do the features, but your overt benefit and the real reason to believe you can deliver that benefit matters the most.
7. If you have dramatic difference from your competition, you have 370% greater odds of success and profitability. Source: Harvard Business Review. Not sure if you have dramatic difference?
8. Salt and Pepper: If you were helping a restaurant get more customers, you would not advertise that you have free salt and pepper. Is your company selling salt and pepper to your industry?
9. Does everyone in your organization know what to say when asked what you do? These sound bites should be artwork on your walls!
10. Does your business card tell the recipient how you benefit them?
Our 10 second pitch barf bag may be more familiar to you as the 10 second elevator pitch. But nowadays, you don’t even have the attention of others in the elevator anymore. AngryBirds, anyone? People’s attention is at an all time low. Do you show up and throw up?